Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Little Piece of History

Years ago, before I had a weight loss website, I used to send out an email to my family and friends letting them know how I was doing.

Over time the emails grew into a webpage, and then the webpage into a Blog. (Thanks to a suggestion by Lynn) Soon more than my family and friends were finding my site and reading about my progress.

Eventually I moved my whole site over to Blogger because I got so sick of my visitors being spammed with ads and pop-ups on my old site.

Anyway, I found a copy of the first e-mail I ever sent out! This email is what lead to the creation of this site. I though I'd share it!


Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 4:38 PM
Subject: Feeling AWESOME!

Hey Everybody!

Today's been a great day for me, and I felt like writing to my family and friends to celebrate!

What makes today so wonderful for me?

Well, as some of you already know, I have been slowly losing weight over the past 8 months. Last week I reached -30 pounds from my start weight!

I reward myself for every ten pounds lost by getting a new DVD, or Book.

This time I chose the 1st DVD from the Seventh Season of Ranma 1/2. (MY FAVORITE ANIME!) It arrived in the mail today, and I am just ecstatic!

I actually weigh less than the weight on my drivers licence! (I am not sure if you guys understand how amazing that is! ;)

I will have to get some current pictures up on my web page for a little Before/After action...

I don't have a "goal weight" set or anything. I have just started living healthier. The only "goal" that I have is for my butt to fit better in the seat of the plane when Aaron and I go to San Fransisco this Summer! I had awful experiences on planes in the past with my hips barely fitting in between the arm rests, and the seat-buckle painful to buckle.... Argh!

That is my one simple goal...

I hope you are all doing well.

Please write me back and let me know how you are! :)

Love,

Jess


So there it is! That's the e-mail that started my weight loss website back in 2003. I never intended to lose weight publicly, but it just sorta happened. I am glad it did though! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yu've got a lot of readers who are glad too. :D

ShortLouise.

LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Even then, you had a ring of positivity to your post that predicted your success. Good job.

Thanks for sharing your journey. It's not an easy one, for sure!

missy04 said...

Hi Jess!! This is your cousin Dawn. I am so proud of you. You are doing great. You are also an awesome person.

love ya
Dawn