It was like a ray of warm sunshine after a long cold winter.
My weight this morning was 268.00. I have lost about 2 pounds a week and things are going great.
I am eating lots of plants, and need to cut out fried food again. The hardest part for me is getting over my cheap-ass ways.
Health Food isn't going to be found on the Dollar Menu. I need to learn how to pack a health lunch... There are tons of websites about that but doing it seems like a Herculean Task!
Maybe this FOOD NETWORK Apple, Pecan and Blue Cheese Salad?
Eating more Vegetables is what I am going to work on this week!
Eat More Veggies
Veggies are so good, and good for you! There is no real reason not to eat them!!! You are an adult and you have the power to eat what you like. Gone are the childhood days of over-cooked mushy canned peas. Free yourself from those traumatic veggie memories of yore, and start thinking about the good ones!
Remember how good those onions and peppers are on your Fajitas? How about the broccoli, pea pods, and baby corn in your favorite Chinese dish? Mmm! Those are the kind of veggies you should think of!! (Not just "rabbit food.")
Here are some tips to start getting more green into your diet:
- Add lots of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, to your veggie burgers and subs.
- Make vegetable laden casseroles or chili.
- Add corn and/or diced tomatoes to your taco filling.
- Order a veggie pizza instead of a meat one.
- Order a spicy vegetable dish from the local Chinese/Thai/Indian restaurant.
- Always go for a garden salad, instead of a creamy soup.