Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Biggest Loser Contest at Work



A group at my work is doing a "Biggest Loser" contest, were everyone contributes $40 to sign up.

I know I have it in me to lose weight because I have done it before - but after 3 kids in less than 4 years, and totally abandoning a healthy lifestyle; I am right back to nearly my previous start weight.

I weighted in at 272.6 today.  I was nearly 300 pounds when I started my weight loss last time.

I know what  I need to do, but worry how I can do it with three tiny tots underfoot?

My kids view salad as the leaves you lick Ranch dressing off of.

I worry about getting them setup as healthy eaters, since I have totally gone off the rails.


This week My Goal is to Drink More Water.



Drink Lots of Water Every Day!

Most people do not get enough water.

Water is vital for the function of the kidneys that purify the blood. When the body does not get enough water some of the load is shifted to the liver.

The liver's main function is to metabolize the body's fat for energy. If it is busy doing the kidney's job, you are not burning off fat! (Not to mention all the other benefits of a well hydrated body!)

Some recommend drinking 8 glasses of water each day, but that is the amount of water it takes for a sedentary 128 pounds person to stay hydrated. If you are bigger or more active, you will need more water to take care of your body's needs. (Makes sense to me!)

An easy way to figure out the minimum amount of water you need is to divided your weight (in pounds) by 2 and drink that many ounces of water daily. Example: A 200 pound person would need a minimum of 100 ounces of water to stay hydrated daily.

Cheers!


When I was doing my best at weight loss.  I drank a gallon of water daily at Work.



No comments: