Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This could be my first sucessful month since...

I hope I do not speak too soon, but this could be my first "successful" month of weight loss since 2007!

In November 2007 I had knee surgery and my limited mobility resulted in gaining weight.

2008 has been a stressful year full of loss and pain.

Stress Eating + Healing Knee = Even more weight gain!

Half a year later, I am about 18 pounds over where I was last November! :(
Amazing how those sneeky pounds suddenly add up...

But FINALLY it seems that things are turning back around! :-D

My calories are being counted again, and I am healed enough to be consistantly active again! :)

My "old knee" is really starting to hurt though, but I want to get back to my previous weight before I get the surgery again. This time I will do a better job of watching what I eat when laid up. :)

Delayed by not derailed,

Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy to see a new post and happy to hear you're back on track!

I love reading your blog, and when I hear about your setbacks (which, of course, are inevitable for ANYONE) I almost feel like I'm getting frustrated right along with you (since I know how hard weight management can be)...so hearing that you're moving forward with a positive mindset makes me smile.

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

yay! i'm glad to hear everything is going your way again! sorry to hear you'll have to have another knee surgery though :(

Lynn said...

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story with all of us. You have been such an inspiration to so many. I too am beginning my journey. My blog is http://blubberyblogger.blogspot.com
I am trying to spread the word because I need all the help and support I can get!!! Please check it out. THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

18 pounds is not a whole lot, Jessica. It could've been a lot worse! So, don't be too hard on yourself. You've "caught it," and now you know what to do. :)

Maybe you can do some type of exercise in a pool - less pressure on your knees?

You can do it - you've been an inspiration to me, so just know I'm rooting for you.

Calie. :)