Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Breaking stuff in the Breakroom

This morning I broke a coffee pot at work. I do not drink coffee, but I accidently bumped it when slicing up my fresh strawberries.

I felt so bad… and it turns out we don’t have a broom in our suite!

At least we get to go play boardgames tonight!! :-D

Last night I worked out on my elliptical trainer at a pace of 5 mph for 30 minutes. I was reminded of high school when we had to “run” the mile… and I was always one of the last kids to finish. I was never able to run for an entire lap. I would get to the third curve of the track and hit a wall… then walk all the way to the starting line again… where I would jog a bit passed the teacher… then start walking again. It seems so silly… like she could not see me walking around the rest of the track!

I would get lapped. The healthy girls would sit on the grass and wait for rest of us to finish. They would all cheer when I finally cross the finish line… but it just made me feel more like an out of shape loser. I felt mocked -- like they were cheering “Thank God she’s finally DONE!”

Now I am a healthy, successful IT professional, living in the Atlanta Metroplex, and many of them have become overweight, alcoholic townies still living in the backwoods of Wisconsin… Thank you Karma!