Friday, April 15, 2011

FINALLY Pregnant

YES+  My positive pregnancy test!

Taken 3/21/11 @ 10:09 pm  Lat. 33.93', Long: -84.33'


Aaron and I were finally successful at conception.  My due date is calculated to be November 23rd/24th  Thanskgiving!!!   But who knows when our little sweetheart will acutally arrive.


Lilypie Pregnancy tickers



I am writing this when I am 6 weeks pregnant.  It has been 10 days since my positive home pregnancy test.  We are trying to keep this a secret for now, but it is so hard.

I wanted to call my mom the SECOND after that test said YES+, but Aaron said let's wait until we know the baby is okay.  He is paranoid that I will miscarry -  but I don't drink or smoke or do anything that would really put the baby in harms way.

The only thing that is an issue is my age... I am 33.  I am just under the HIGH RISK PREGNANCY age of 35.

After the ultrasound and the doctor saying "looks good" -- We will be able to FINALLY share the news!
(April15th)

We want to have the baby's gender be a surprise at birth.

I look forward to finally being a mom!  Then I can blog about losing the baby weight! ;)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so good! I am pleased for you both! You know, women over 33 have been having healthy babies since Eve started it all... don't put too much stock in statistics and enjoy your pregnancy. The odds are in your favour that nothing will go wrong... Blessings!

Carla said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Mussipitz said...

Wonderful news... it is so exciting to be pregnant... enjoy that time... and sleep as often as you can... lol... it will be never the same...

but different... and also enjoyable...

Warmest regards from Germany

Andrea, mother of two

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Kristen Kemp said...

I'm so happy for you! How incredibly wonderful. I really enjoy this blog. Thanks for sharing all of your news.

I have a request: I'm a freelancer writer doing a story for Weight Watchers magazine about social media and dieting. Could I request an interview with you? I promise to keep it short.

I think you could add so much to this story. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

kristen at kristenkemp dot com

The Beans said...

Congratulations!!!

-Barb

Courtney said...

Congrats! Love your blog, so glad you decided to keep up with it!

16 blessings'mom said...

I just found your blog, Jess, congratulations on the baby! Also on all your hard work and weight loss. I just thought I would reassure you about having a baby at 33: I have sixteen children, six of them were born when I was 33 or older. You are an encouragement to me, thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess and Aaron! So happy for you two!!

Anonymous said...

Jess I'm So Happy for You.... I've been reading your Blog for a long time now.... You Are giving me Hope that someday I can start to lose the weight too.... I just wanted to say I'm So Happy for you.....I know You have wanted this for a long time..... Keep Us posted and BEST WISHES.......

Anonymous said...

Today is the first time I have read your entire blog about the way you felt about your self being heavy and nearly cried the entire time reading it. I have read many things about weight loss on the web and have found your story to be very helpful. Congrats on your weight loss and your pregnancy.

SuNFLoWeRHaPPy said...

Congratulations! I am specifically looking for blogs about becoming pregnant after losing weight. I've lost over 60 lbs. and am considering starting a family, but am petrified about weight gain after all the hard work (and more work to come, I have another 44 pounds till goal). Love your blog!

April Heath said...

Congratulations! My husband and I had our first baby in April and it has been a wonderful blessing. I am 31 years old :) I too struggle with weight loss and my body is a lot different after my pregnancy. I just read through your weight loss tips again which was super encouraging. I really appreciate your openness and honesty about your weight struggles and SUCCESSES. Thank you :)

xlpharmacy said...

Finally pregnant? congratulations sweety!

Unknown said...

I am one of the GP locums using your website Locumorganiser. I am hugely impressed by your website.


Locum GP Agency