My sister hired a great Karaoke DJ to provided entertainment for the "Jess-tival" when I was home over the weekend. It was so much fun! I can't wait for the pictures to be posted.
I remeber singing the following, but there were more:
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does it Better (the theme from the James Bond film The spy who loved me)
- Nancy Sinatra - These boots are made for walking
- Rihanna - Only Girl in the World
- Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
- B-52s - Love Shack
- Don Williams - Some Broken Hearts Never Mend
- Eminem & Rihanna - Love the Way you Lie
- Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
- Katy Perry - Last Friday Night
The party was wonderful and our baby now has lots of great books and some very imporatant basics.
Aaron's co-workers are throwing us another shower on Friday at his work. My co-workers will likely follow suit in a few weeks, and our friends down here have expressed a desire to throw a shower too. So hopefully the baby will be pretty set to join the outside world.
I was thinking of updating our Baby Registry on Amazon.com to just have the items we really need, like cloth diapers, cloth wipes, onesies, and sleepers. I put lots of cute things on the registry, but when it comes right down to it, THE BABY NEEDS TO HAVE DIAPERS... not a Green Bay Packers footed sleeper. (But it is SO CUTE, I still want it!!!)
Again, Aaron and I greatly appreciate all the wonderful gifts we have received already and I will be sending out personalized thank you cards soon!!!