Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Journey Without A Destination

When I first started to lose weight, the weight came easily and quickly. To stay motivated I got a reward for every 10 pounds lost. (Usually a DVD) But after I lost 100 pounds, my weight loss started to slow down. So to keep my motivation high I switched my rewards to every 5 pounds!

Now that I've lost just over 135 pounds… I am stuck. I have been stuck here for over 6 months! I've never stopped my healthy lifestyle - and my body keeps getting more toned - but that scale just isn’t budging!!

I think it is time to redo the Motivation Rewards System again!!! ;)

It's hard to stay motivated when you see no progress towards your goal, and after half a year with no numeric results, I was getting discouraged. Then I had an Epiphany:

Why was I only getting rewarded when I reached certain weights?! I've NEVER WANTED to weigh a "magic number." That has NEVER been my goal. My REAL goal is to just be as healthy as possible! I don't have to be a “number” so WHY HAVE I BEEN TYING MY REWARDS TO A NUMBER?!?!?!?!

THE LIGHT BULB GOES ON!!!!

It was really a “D'oh!” moment for me when I realized this.

So I talked to Aaron about it and we worked out a New "Weight-Free" Motivational Rewards System! I just need to stay consistent to my healthy lifestyle for two weeks (14 days straight) and I will get a reward! Simple as that!

With this new system, I'll be watching "Ai Yori Aoshi." Before the 4th of July!!! YATTA!

I guess I should clarify what "stay consistent to my healthy lifestyle" is!

It's simply:
Eat between 1600 - 2000 calories a day.
Be active 3-4 days a week.

I will track this in my daily food log. Aaron will then verify my success, and order my chosen reward.

I really feel that the monkey is off my back now that my reward system actually matches my goal!

o/~ I can see clearly now the rain has gone! o/~

I'm ready for a some bright sun-shiny days!

-Jess :)

No comments: