Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Poor Little Rhino!

A co-worker of mine was wearing a t-shirt yesterday with this image:



Source: http://www.threadless.com/product/1000/Runnin_Rhino


I felt so sorry for the little rhino running on the treadmill - with the impossible goal to become a unicorn.

I remember when I first started to get healthy… weighing under 200 pounds was like a unicorn to me - completely mythical, and impossible… But that did not stop me from working towards that goal!!

Weight loss is a day by day process. It is okay to have a Unicorn-like goal, but it is also important to have other “mini goals” along the way so you don’t become discouraged when your horn is still on your nose and NOT on your forehead yet!

Cheers,

Jess

2 comments:

Amanda said...

lol Jess, that picture is gorgeous! So very true about how many people attempt weight loss, aiming for things they will never be able to reach. You put a smile on my face :)

Brigitte said...

Very well said. Thanks.