Monday, April 26, 2010

Mom in Georgia

My mom flew down to visit this past weekend with my little sister Samantha.  I was nice to see them, and we did lots of fun stuff together, but it is going to be WONDERFUL to get back on my normal schedule.

We did lots of shopping and sight-seeing.  My mom and sister complained about all the walking.

I also cringed at their POOR eating habits.  When they ate bacon cheeseburgers with fries, with a large chocolate cookie AND some recess peanut butter cups for dessert.  But with a bottle of 100% orange juice for a drink.. I had to comment.

Seriously,  TWO desserts?  With lunch?!  Come on Mom!!
And I don't care if it is "100% juice" it's just as sugary as a soda.
Top that off with a bacon cheese burger  the size of your face and fries to match....

Mom gave me the "On Vacation" excuse, but I was not happy to see the crappy eating habits being established and enforced for my sister.

Obesity is just as abusive and damaging to a child as beating her/him.  You are setting them up for a LIFETIME of health problems. 

Being fat is also a social stigma -- so there are psychological ramifications too!  GAH!

I would rant some more, but I would risk being written out of the Will. ;)