Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SCABIES!!!!!!

This morning I FINALLY went to a dermatologist about my red itchy face.

It turns out that I have not one, but two skin conditions.


The first diagnosis I had figured out on my own from the internet...

Rosacea

Rosacea is a chronic skin condition involving inflammation of the cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, or eyelids.
There is no cure for Rosacea but it can be managed by avoiding triggers which cause "flare-ups."


The second diagnosis was kind of a shock… my face is infested with mites.


The doctor got out a sterile razorblade and scraped some skin off my cheeks. He then looked under the microscope… and sure enough there was a little mite Woodstock going on. This is what is causing the facial itching that even wakes me up at night.

Now mites on the face and body are normal. Everyone actually has them. I just have a huge number, and my body sees them as an attack and

He then prescribed the cream used for Scabies to kill them off.

The mites on me are not the Scabies mite, but another type of tiny critter making my face look well, like this:




Each itchy pseudo-pimple is actually a colony of the little bastards. Now I need to kill off these jerks to a normal level and convince my body to stop try to kill them. (“Say hello to my little friend!”)

So now I have 3 different prescriptions, and should have an alabaster complexion by the weekend.

I’ll post another picture on the weekend to see if the redness has gone down.