He was very pleasant and let me know what he was looking for while he was checking things out. He found minor issues, but nothing that would prevent us from moving forward with our purchase. I am not sure if Aaron would want the Seller to fix any of these things before we take ownership.
Jim checked the attic, the Heating and Cooling system, the water heater, all the Kitchen Appliances, the washer and dryer, all of the outlets, all the windows, the walls and ceilings, the faucets, drains, shower heads, toilets, and fireplace.
Most of the "issues" he noted are due to the age of the property. They are not what is standard or "up to code" these days -- but are grandfathered in because of the age of the property.
We cannot fix many of them -- so oh well.
Some of his other recommendations we will act on once the place is ours like:
- Get a new over-the range microwave and have it installed to code.
- Install Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GCFI) outlets in "wet" areas.
- Put a C-Clamp on the Fireplace Damper to make sure it always stays partially open to avoid a build-up of carbon monoxide.
- Replace the bare bulb in the closet with a globe fixture, just so the bulb does not break if hit.
- Pour liquid plumber down the slow drain in the Master bathtub.
There are a few other things that Aaron and I want to do with the place too -- but again that is just our preference. Nothing that is wrong with the place.
Aaron has his heart set on getting new super fancy High-Efficiency washer/dryer set.
Since he does all the laundry I am totally cool with him getting the set. :)