|A wobbly toddler on a wobbly surface what could go wrong?|
Or trying to grab the pedal on the elliptical machine.
|Let me help by sticking my tiny fingers into this moving machine!|
Finding the time to workout is often an issue. With all that happens in life how can you commit to a workout schedule?
Time is the thing no one thinks they have. "I just don't have the time!"
Well there are 24 hours each day. Everyone has the same amount of time every day. What you pack into your time?
6-8 hours of sleep
8-9 hours at work
1 hour commuting
1 Cooking/Eating/feeding the baby
half hour of Household Chores
half hour of Personal Care (bathing etc..)
3.5 hours of "watching the kids"
30 minutes of "free time" with Aaron
Ways to squeeze activity into your busy schedule.
While at work:
- Take a 15 minute break to take a short walk.
- if you have a large building - go to the restroom on another floor.
- walk to a co-worker's desk instead of emailing.
- Stand-up during conference calls. Pace.
- Sit on a yoga ball.
- put pedals under your desk and just pedal away!
- March in place
- Do Squats as deep as comfortable with the counter for balance.
- do curls or presses with cans or jars for weights.
- big old jars of spaghetti sauce work those arms!
While watching the kids:
Be active and set a great example on being active!
- dance with the kids
- chase / play tag
- if small enough -- pick your child up and carry them around.
- remember to work both arms switch sides.
- get outside. play in the yard - walk around the block.
Use your time well. Every day is a gift that is why it is called the present.