Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Back to 142.25! Argh!

Yesterday I had to go to the St. Mary's Emergency Room for chest pains. I didn't think it was anything serious, but the nurse insisted I go.

As expected, there was nothing wrong with my heart. They were not sure what was causing my pain, but their best diagnosis is Pleurisy. Pleurisy is the painful inflammation of the membranes surrounding the lungs. It hurts for me to breathe, cough, laugh, or yawn. It also hurts if a twist or move to abruptly.

They have me taking lots of Ibuprofen, and I have a prescription for Percocet as well... I have not filled the prescription... but the Advil is not doing the job.

I did not do exercise on Sunday or Monday because... well, breathing hurts and exercise makes breathing more intense.... But I managed to do a very light bike tonight!!

My calories however are totally out of control. I feel like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, but unlike the caterpillar all this eating is not help me become something beautiful!!! I know this is stress eating... yet I can't seem to stop! Argh!

So now I am limited in my activity because of my painful lungs, and struggling to keep my calories in check... I just can't get a break! *SIGH*

I was back up to 142.25 this morning. I am trying not get down about this... I hope to maintain this weight while I heal. I hope I heal quickly.

No comments: