Thursday, November 2, 2006

2 Pounds Down in October.

Since I am back to my old routine, I thought I would post the results for October! I lost 2 pounds in October! I’m nearly recovered from the weight I gained "falling off the wagon" and from kicking the Aspartame habit.

I know I can safely lose a pound or two each week, and there are 8 weeks left in 2006. I might be able to start the New Year at a new low! :-) Losing weight over the Holiday’s is not impossible… but it is *really* hard to do. Perhaps the Holiday weight loss battle has already begun at your house with a big bag Halloween candy tempting you. (Curse you “FUN SIZE”!!!)

Last year I decided to “tread water” over the Holidays, opting to just try to be the same weight (or less) come January 2nd than what I weighed the day before Thanksgiving. I weighed 147.50 the day before Thanksgiving, 2005. On January 2nd, 2006 I was 144.00! Success!

Today, Nov. 2nd, 2006 I was 143.25. My weight has been about the same for a while now, but my body’s composition has really improved!!! Here are some pictures of me in my Wonder Woman Costume from Last Halloween and This Halloween for comparison!

Pay close attention to my hips/thigh region. Also, my breast did not get bigger (I WISH!) my waist got smaller. ;)


Jess as Wonder Woman Halloween 2005
Halloween 2005








Jess as Wonder Woman Halloween 2006
Halloween 2006


As my profile states, “I’ve lost it all naturally” by just eating right and exercising!

Over my lunch break the other day I read an article on the MSN Health and Fitness - Diet & Fitness section about “Costly Calories.” It was about the businesses who profit from people trying to lose weight.

With 1/3 of the adults in America falling into the category of “Overweight,” and another 1/3 actually “Obese” that is a large (no pun intended) market they can try to get money from!

In 2004 Americans spent $46 BILLION on diet products and self-help books!!! *FAINT*

But even those who did lose weight via their “skinny schemes,” two thirds (2/3) of them gain it all back in a year once they stop “the program.” And 97% will gain it back with in 5 years! That leaves only a 3% success rate! :-(

There is no "magic bullet" for weight loss. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! The only way to really lose weight and keep it off for good is to eat less and move more. Simple words, but it's so hard to do!!! Luckily, things have been going really well for me right now! :)

I hope things are going well for you too!

Best Wishes!

Jess

1 comment:

Heather said...

You do look much more toned in this years pic (LOVE the costume by the way). I see myself more in your pic from last year, so I'm excited what a new year will bring after losing 100 lbs.

Congrats on getting back on track!