Saturday, April 7, 2007

Sometimes I feel like she is out to get me...

Thursday night Aaron and I went over to my Mom's place to dye eggs with my little sister, Sammy. Becky and Lydel were there too! It was a "family thing."

Some of you may remember me blogging about Sam in the past. She is only 8 years old yet she weighs nearly the same weight as me!


Me, Becky, and Sammy - Jan 14, 2006

While "the kids" dyed the eggs, Mom left to get a Papa Murphy's take & bake pizza. (She was also secretly picking up Sammy's Easter Bunny Swag!) Before she left I mentioned how much I liked getting malted milk balls in my basket as a kid.

Mom then returned with a big bag of Hershey's Whoppers Robin Eggs, opened up the bag and set them next to me! Sometimes I feel like she is out to get me. *sigh*

"You're thin enough! You shouldn't have to worry about food anymore! You can relax for just one day! Enjoy! I got them for you!"

AHHHHH!!!!!!! Calling Easter Candy "food" is a stretch in my mind. It's just a lot of sugar with no redeeming nutritional value. But Mom did not rest until we had eaten all the candy. I must have had a dozen of them.

On the plus side though, Mom got Sammy toys and games to help fill up her Easter Basket instead of just candy. :)

I hope you have a Happy and Safe Easter!

Jess

No comments: